Kale is another ingredient I hear a lot about from CSA members. This pasta dish is one that stemmed completely from what was one hand, but I'm sure I will revisit it in the coming months.
Spicy Kale and Potato Pasta
6-8 Large kale leaves, cleaned, stems removed, and roughly chopped
1/4 lb. bacon, diced
1 Medium potato, peeled and diced roughly into 1/4 inch thickness
1 Small onion, sliced
3 Cloves of garlic, sliced thinly
1 tsp red chili flakes (you can omit this if it doesn't agree with you)
1/2 lb. Pasta (ideally fresh egg pasta), cooked according to the directions
1. In a medium sized skillet over medium heat, render the bacon until nice and crispy and set aside.
2. In the residual bacon fat, fry the potato until slightly cooked, 5-7 minutes.
3. Add in the onion and chili flake and sweat for a another two minutes
4. Add the kale and garlic and cover, cook until it just wilts. 4-6 minutes.
5. Drop in the cooked pasta, toss well and serve garnished with the crispy bacon.
You could cover this in grated cheese if you were so moved, but I didn't have any the night this recipe came to fruition. It was just fine without it.